Sunday, September 2, 2012

From Our Hearts

Last weekend I was invited to attend a From Our Hearts event. From Our Hearts is a non profit organization that sends blank cards to military overseas in order for them to have cards to send back home to their loved ones. Years ago, I was the grateful recipient of one of these cards when my husband was deployed. Since then, this program has held a special place in my heart. If you would like to learn more about From Our Hearts, you can click on the link located on the right hand side of my blog.

Anyway, one of my sidelines puts this even together every year here in O'Fallon. It is held at a local hotel and people from all over come and make cards to donate. This year there were over 40 cards to choose from! I brought my daughter and one of her friends with me to this event. While I doubt my daughter will admit it, I think they both had a good time. Here they are stamping away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!