Thursday, December 16, 2010

Martha Stewart Presents....the 16th Day of Christmas

For some reason, I managed to get a Martha Stewart Living Magazine in my mail box a week or so ago. I'm not sure where it came from, and I'm pretty sure I didn't order it, but never the less there it was. Well, first having never read or even looked at a Martha Stewart Living magazine, let me just say I was impressed. Ya know, I poke an awful lot of fun at that lady, but she has some incredible ideas! Now that I am buying my own home, I keep picturing all these home made Holiday decorations....anyway, on to what she inspired me to make!
In her magazine she had these 3D trees covered with Sequins. Well I didn't have any sequins, but I had circle punches in several sizes and some metal sheets. Since my living room is purple, I figured I would make some trees to match. This was my first attempt. He needed a little something extra, so I went ahead and used the polka dot embossing folder to give him some texture, some tinsel to give him some glitz, and of course, what tree is complete without a star? I really like the way this turned out. I think I may make an entire forest of them!


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!