Monday, September 9, 2013

Jay's Mixed Media

Of course I couldn't make canvas art for my daughter, and not make one for my son. I made the mistake of asking him what he would like on his. Of course he had to name a video game that I don't play. So, after some research online, I managed to discover that Mine Craft is a very pixilated looking game he plays on his X Box.

I pulled some images from the web, and also managed to use one of our square punches to help embellish the canvas. I also used a stencil as well as some of our ink to make the blocks that create the game's look. Once again, the ink smeared slightly, but I really like how it looked. Oh, to get the green background, I added some drops of one of my reinkers (can't remember which green it was...sorry) to gesso and used that to color the canvas.

He seems to like the way it turned out, and I have to admit, it's not bad considering I had no idea what I was making!

It's a good thing Michael's keeps having canvases on sale......This is too much fun to stop!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!