Wednesday, September 4, 2013

About time I showed you something I've done!

Ok, I'm all for gathering ideas and inspiration from Convention, but at some point in time, you have to stop looking and start doing! Believe it or not, I have been doing.....After the presentation by Carrie Cudney on living a creative life (you can read all about it here), I have been addicted to multi-media canvas art. I know......just what I needed something else to get hooked on.

So, this was my very first ever attempt. I'm not sure why I chose Halloween except that was what Carrie had demonstrated. I figured it was a good place to start.


I really love the way it turned out. I did learn something pretty important though, if you use regular SU ink on the project, and then seal it with Modge Podge, it will pick up some of the ink colors no matter how long it has been "dry" and spread it around the rest of the picture. For the Halloween look, having a bit of the brown on the page didn't make a lot of difference, but I figured I had better warn you.

I also thought the tree was pretty awesome (if I do say so myself). It was made by crumpling layers of tissue paper and using modgepodge to stick them down. My daughter especially thought the knot in the tree was the best part (maybe because it was her idea!).

So, I hate to say it, but this was just the tip of the Ice Berg! I have several more to show you over the next few days...and of course I have several ideas floating around in my head. Figures.....leave it to me to find another craft project I can get overly immersed in :)!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job Kelly. I love working with mixed media and the possibilities for projects is endless. Can't wait to see more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!