Saturday, March 30, 2013

Simple Kraft Box stepped up

The next project of Carrie's was a decorated Kraft gift box. As a firm lover of all things 3D, I was super excited to see this project. I have always enjoyed making things other than cards.

For this project, Carrie just stamped a little tag and tied it on with our Cotton Ribbon. This Ribbon was in the holiday mini, but luckily for us it is on the Carry Over list, so we can get it all year round! Fill it with a Stamp and an Ink Spot, or my personal favorite, Chocolate and you have a wonderful little gift for that co-worker or mailman.


But of course, Carrie couldn't leave well enough alone. She had to step it up. So next came the Ombre Ribbon technique. I hadn't ever thought of this, but I am sure excited to try it!

First she chose three complimentary colors and colored a stripe of each down the middle and sides of her ribbon.


The next step was to use the aqua painter to smooth the lines and allow the colors to bleed slightly into each other. 


She did caution us to allow the ribbon to dry before tying it on the package, so it may not be the best idea for an Express Workshop, but my oh my did it turn out gorgeous. I think it would be worth giving up another 15 minutes of my time!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!