Sunday, July 12, 2009

The best laid plans.....

Well as usual, Murphy's Law has struck. First of all, I got the flu. No, not the Swine flu, but still probably the worse case of Summer sniffles and cough I have ever had. Then, My boss came in from the states for an inspection this week. His plane was due to land at 9:10 AM. Well, thanks to the well prepared Atlanta Airport he missed his flight in Paris and didn't come in until 2:20 PM. Guess what that was in the middle of? Of course, my open house. Needless to say, I ended up cancelling my open house. I promise I will host another one soon, but this was not the weekend for it! Instead of seeing all the great pictures of my open house today, as promised, you will only get to see the project I had planned. Since I have everything already prepped, I will either use this for one of my shoe box swaps at convention, or as a workshop make n take this month. I am not a big fan of the lovingly named "Poopy Brown" aka Soft Suede, but even I have to admit that the Melon Mambo looks stunning on it. This card was relatively simple, just a card base, a layer of Razzleberry Lemonade, a scallop circle cut out using the scallop circle 2 die from my big shot and a textured white circle cut with my brand new circle scissors. I was very leery of buying this particular circle cutter, but I have to admit that it was much easier than I thought. You MUST have the glass mat to cut on and stick the paper down, but once you get started it is super easy to do. As always practice makes perfect, so make sure you use some scrap paper first! Finally I colored the large image from the Razzle Dazzle stamp set new in this catalog. It took a while to color all the different pieces, but I think the end result is amazing. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh....I really like this, I love how the stamp looks all colored in! I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's beautiful! Hope you are feeling better Hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is one beautiful card! I am sorry I have been missing for a while, Summer just keeps coming and I just can't handle it all!

    Hopefully I am on the mend now! Beautiful work here, I am amazed at all of your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you do your ribbons this way...its like your signature..love it..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!