Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Boy do they grow up fast!

Katie has a boyfriend. Ok, it's a fifth grade romance, I'm not too worried, but still a boyfriend. One that told her he liked her. One that made her a necklace for Valentine's Day. I think he is a pretty decent kid, but it's kind of hard to tell at this age. I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it, next week it will be someone else. But, let me get to the point of this post.....Katie's boyfriend likes dragons. I guess he is as crazy about them as Katie is about wolves. So, since his birthday is coming up soon, Katie wanted to make him a dragon card. Now, it's possible at one point in time SU! had a dragon stamp, but if they did, I don't have it. So, I went to my old standby.....punch art. We found a couple great dragons online, but they were all cute. Katie wanted a real fire breathing dragon. Well, we took bits and pieces from the ones online, adjusted them to fit my punches and her thought process and this is what we came up with. I helped figure out the punches, but she made this card all by herself. I have to admit, I'm pretty proud! Now, lets hope the romance doesn't run it's course before his birthday. On second though.....maybe I should be hoping it does :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!