Friday, March 19, 2010

It's Funky Friday!!!

Well gang, it's that time again.....for the Funky Friday Challenge over at Cornwall Crafty Stampers. Our challenge this week was to make a card using Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, and Whisper White. I was sitting at my house racking my brain trying to figure out what I could make when my friend and sideline Emily gave me a great idea! She said"It reminds me of a Banana Split!" She then left to go eat ice cream, but she got me thinking. I couldn't come up with a way to make a Banana Split, but it was the perfect color combination for an ice cream cone. I wish I could take credit for this card (especially since I really really like it) but I have to admit the majority of the idea came from Sam over at Rymilan's Stamping and Scrapbooking. I did change out a few things and added a ribbon, but you can definitely see the resemblance. I am really liking this card. Maybe I should use it for one of my swaps at Convention this Summer. What do you think?



5 comments:

  1. Yummy! Awesome job with the color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ice cream cone Kelly. I have strong urge to lick the computer screen right now :-)

    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Especially the texture on the cone and the brayered Bride "scoops". Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Kelly. Love this card! Haven't checked in for a while - glad I did! Lynda Fraser

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!