Saturday, September 25, 2010

Here's my tasty Yellow Ribbon for my hubby

Being military, we know the true meaning of yellow ribbons. We tie them on everything. As a matter of fact, my next door neighbor used to have them tied to the handles of her trash cans! We keep those yellow ribbons tied until our loved ones come home safe and sound. It's our way of remembering them. Well, this quick and easy little project is my yellow ribbon. I made these for a workshop, and my kids wanted one too. I have explained to them that these M&M's can't be eaten until Daddy comes home. They each have one in their room, next to their bed to remind them of daddy. Now Jay doesn't count down the days until Daddy comes home, he counts the days until he can eat his candy! He already has plans to share it with Daddy. "Mom, Dad can have the brown ones, cause I don't like those!" Oh well, it's the thought that counts right? Another great idea for using these would be during the month of October for Breast Cancer awareness month. All you would have to do would be to substitute pirouette pink for the daffodil delight. Instant Breast Cancer reminders as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!