Monday, December 28, 2009

Katie's Card and a Punch Tutorial for You!

My daughter is a wolf fanatic. She tried to convince us for years that she was actually part wolf! Now that she is a little older (11) she has refocused her wolf love on something a bit more attainable, Huskies. She has been asking for a Husky puppy for the past 4 Christmases. Since we live in Germany, and we already have two pets, that dream isn't going to come true any time soon (Do you have any idea how much it costs to ship a full grown Husky back to the states?!) but I figured I would put a Husky on her Christmas card. I got the idea for his body from Jackie Topia and the hat came from Ellen Kemper, but I put the rest of him together all by myself. Katie seemed to think he was fantastic, and to be honest, I'm pretty proud of myself as well.

Here are all the punches you will need

Wide Oval
Large Oval
Small Oval
3/4" circle
Heart to Heart punch
Small Star
5 Petal Punch
1/8" circle punch or double circle punch or cropadile (for eyes)
Scrap of Black for the Nose

I sponged the white pieces with Going Grey ink before I put them together.
Once assembled your Husky should look like this.





4 comments:

  1. I love Wolves as well and this punch are is fabulous, I'll be trying this one out for sure. It is a wonderful likness!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it....My daughter is 4 and she thinks she is part wolf...We actually went out not to long ago with cousins from New York and she started howling...Cross my heart! How FUNNY! She is now teaching Joaquin who is 1 to howl.
    Marisol Gutierrez
    A Touch of SOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I love this punch art. I have 2 blond coloured Huskies.
    Thanks, Ter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!