Monday, June 15, 2009

Ebony and Ivory Card Swap

I joined a Ebony and Ivory Card Swap for my VC Rocks group (Virtual Convention). I would share the link, but they have a limited window to sign up each year. I have no idea how I managed to find out about it and join, but I promise to pass on the favor next year. They are an amazing group of women (not to mention Captain Jack). Anyway, the requirements for this swap were to only use neutral card stock. I was going to use my pyramid card, but it was too difficult to line up and used way too much time and supplies. Anyway, this was my solution. I used the Baroque Motifs stamps again, but this time I stamped it on Basic Grey Card Stock. I then embossed one in white and one in black embossing powder. Then I cut each piece into 1/2 strips and reconnected them alternating between black and white. I then attached it to a smoosh technique background using only black and grey ink and held it there with four black brads. Finally I added a black embossed flower to the front of the card. The flower was popped up on a double layer of dimensionals. I really love how this turned out. I'm glad too, because it is already on it's way stateside for the swap. Too late to turn back now!

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty I love all of that embossing! They are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a neat technique! Turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!