Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Father's Day

I am horrible at masculine cards. I think the only one that I ever made was an accident. So, when one of my June Hostesses asked me to do a Father's Day card as a make and take, I freaked. Oh well, here is my first (and possibly last) attempt at a masculine card. I just recently got the Taste of Textiles card stock pack and have to say I fell in love with the metallic paper in there. It doesn't show up very well in the photo, but that is what is behind the sentiment. I'm really looking for some constructive criticism here, so please, if you have a suggestion on how to make this look better, please let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Kelly! Don't sell your self short! Your card is wonderful! You might underestimate the power of the message a home-made card sends to the recipient!
    I would LOVE it if my wife or kids made such a card for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very NICE! Love the colors...I need this stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly - Masculine cards can be intimidating. Just remember - leave off the lace and flowers and stick with colors the guy that the card is intended for likes. You did an excellent job with this card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card Kelly!! I like how the paper looks like vintage fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it just as it is!!! And, like you, I just recently got some of the Taste of Textiles and I LOVE it. The tone on tone striped white is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome fathers day card! I'm having fun cruising backwards through your blog! You've been putting out some wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!