Monday, September 21, 2009

It's My Birthday nah nana na nuhna

Ok, yes I admit it. I'm a big kid at heart. And I LOVE presents. Needless to say, today is a good day. First off, I'm going to do something totally indulgent. I have a cat and a dog and a hamster at my house. You won't see them on my blog. I don't post their pictures, I don't talk about them in my posts, and I don't let them stamp. I have no problem with other people who have their pets on their blogs, but for me, I have too much to say about stamping (Please no one get mad at me here, it IS my birthday :) ). Anyway, I am going to break that rule today. My cat, Dia, has decided that she may be somewhat artsy. She has taken to sleeping in my stamping room. Now, first she slept on my chair, then she slept on my cutter, but now it has gone a bit too far. She is now sleeping in my workshop bag. I do have to say it was pretty cute, and that is why I thought I would show you all.

Ok, now that my self indulgence is over...lets move on to a couple of cards. Last week I needed two birthday cards for a couple of teenage boys. I pulled out the Extreme Elements stamp set and basically just played. This set is super cool. You just layer and layer until you get what you like. Usually when I have to make cards for Teen boys, I spend a better part of an hour trying to come up with the idea. These cards literally took me 10 minutes, and half of that was looking for my supplies. I do wish I had one of the other Extreme stamps, like the Extreme Rocker, but I guess I'll just have to get those later. Ok, now I'm going back to my birthday. Hope your day is as wonderful as mine!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Girl! Sorry I've been MIA, I'm back just in time to wish you a happy birthday though! I'm so glad you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KELLY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! And believe me, you don´t want to hear me singing this in real life to you...LOL
    Have a wonderful day with the ones you love and enjoy whatever your are going to do!

    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Love hearing about your pets! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the way you used the sets on these card. Composition is very interesting and LOVE that kitty in the bag! Our Kona is the biggest fan of bags in our home and we have lots of pictures of the little bugger. I actually did a scrapbook layout of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!