Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pocket Silhouettes- yet another use

I love when my stamps, punches, or dies can serve double duty. For example, when I was shown how my ornament punch could also be a fish or a vase I was ecstatic. So, when I found this amazing adaptation using Pocket Silhouettes to make a wreath for Christmas I had to run out and try it. This was posted by Allison Island Stamper on Inlovewithstamping.com I have to admit that I had never heard of that group until I started looking around for organized swap information for the European convention (WooHoo! I'm still so excited!). ILWS is the European version of SplitCoastStampers, and they have some wonderful artists on there. You really should go check it out.

This card was pretty simple to make. I just punched a 1" circle out of scrap paper and used it to mask the center of the wreath. I then stamped with the Pocket silhouettes until my wreath was as full as I wanted. Voila! Thats all it took. I of course had to stamp with the Champagne Mist Shimmer paint from the new mini, because it wouldn't be me without it! Oh, that reminds me. I am including a close up of the bow on this post as well. Did you know that you can paint your ribbon with that stuff too? I wanted a shimmery ribbon so I just sponged some shimmer paint over a piece of very vanilla ribbon before I tied it. It's hard to see in the picture, but trust me, It looks super cool!


1 comment:

  1. VERY PRETTY...what a good IDEA to use the shimmer paint on ribbon! YOU ROCK BABE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!