Thursday, September 10, 2009

Katie's Build A Bear Birthday Invites

Ok, I admit it. I use my children to feed my addiction. Last year I managed to convince Jay he wanted to have a bug birthday party, just so I could have a reason to buy the Bugs and Kisses stamp set. This year, when my soon to be 11 year old daughter was undecided about her birthday theme, I not so subtly pointed her in the Build-A-Bear direction. I know, I'm horrible aren't I? These die cuts are super easy to use and go together so quickly. I actually showed Katie how to put these together and she did all of the work. The sleeping bag idea came from my Late Night Stamper's group. I tell you, I get some of the best ideas from there. Now if I could just remember to write down whose idea it was! Once again, if this was your idea, please let me know so I can give you credit. Now, on to the invites. The DSP used is new in the holiday mini. It's called Pawsitively Prints and was created to look like the fabric used in Build-A-Bear clothing. I have to say I really like it. I think it is perfect for a kids birthday card. I'm sure there are several other ways to use it. Any ideas you would like to share?

****UPDATE****
I have been informed that this great idea came from Monika Davis. If you would like to see the original design that I CASEd you can visit her blog here.

4 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful. My grandbaby is too young for sleep overs but this is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. I am a LNS person too. I know this was made first by Monika Davis! She is fabulous and I loved her idea when I first saw it. Here blog address in case you need it: http://monikastamp.wordpress.com/
    I know she would love to be recognized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for sleepover invites!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,
    I came up with this idea last week and was so excited to share it with everyone. I sent it to SU for the monthly contest too. I'm glad you were able to use it. I have 3 teenage boys so we won't be doing any sleepovers....
    Monika Davis
    my blog: monikastamp.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!