Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Only 116 days left until Christmas!

Every year it seems as if Christmas comes faster and faster. Are you ready? Me neither, but during my weekend stamp-a-thon I did manage to get some of the sample Christmas cards for my Stamp a Stack completed. Since it's now the work week and I'm back to my day job, I better stretch these out. I'll show you one every day for the next week or so. This first one is probably my favorite. This one was inspired by someone on Late Night Stampers who was kind enough to share her creation using the new Medallion stamp. She daubed several colors onto the stamp to give it a great look. I borrowed her idea and expanded it a bit. I had just recieved my paints from Stampin' Up!. These are a new product available in the Holiday Mini and are sale as of today. They give off such a great shine that I am totally enamored with them. I think I used them on at least half (if not more) of my cards. Instead of just daubing on ink, I used the Champagne paint as well. The base card is on Sahara Sand and the ink, ribbon and coordinating cardstock colors are Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke. The inside is blank so my customers can choose whatever seasonal greeting they would like. I love the look of this card and may use it for my own Christmas greetings this year. I'm always looking for unusual Christmas colors and images. What do you think? Is this Christmasy enough? (The inset picture is without the flash, but the larger one shows the shine.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!