Saturday, September 5, 2009

This post is coming to you from ROME!

Hello all! I hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend. This weekend we are visiting Rome and Pompeii. Obviously I won't be doing a whole lot of stamping, but don't despair, I have you covered. I don't know what has gotten into me lately, but I just can't seem to quit stamping. That is a good thing (although my husband might not agree). Hubby is also starting to get concerned because ever since I began creating these Christmas cards, I've also been doing some Christmas shopping. As he says "It's only September for crying out loud!". For those of you who have lived overseas on a military base, you know that September is not too early. Sometimes it can take up to two months to receive packages from the states. Thank goodness Stampin' Up! doesn't take that long. I can barely wait the 10 days it usually takes. Ok, enough chit chat....lets get one with the stamping!

This next card is one of my favorite kinds of Christmas cards, the unusual kind. Remember a few days ago when I said I liked my cards to have an unusual image or saying? Well, I never would have looked at the Baroque Motif and thought Christmas. Luckily someone else did it for me and I found this card on Splitcoast stampers. I love how it takes an image we see often and breathes some new life into (Ok, maybe all the art in Rome is starting to get to me?). Anyway, this card is on Real Red and Whisper White cardstock. It is stamped with Real Red ink and then the small flowers are embossed with gold (I know you are relieved that I didn't say I used shimmer paint!). I think this card is absolutely stunning. I hope my customers at my Stamp a Stack like it. What about you? I would love to hear your opinion on it. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!


1 comment:

  1. Kelly
    Lucky you I lived in Italy 2 years while we were stationed there in the Navy so I know what you mean about Christmas in Sept not to early at all. I Love Your blog and ideas thanks for sharing and enjoy Rome
    Debbie T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!