Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday Favors

I had someone ask me to make Birthday Party Favors for their soon to be 10 year old son's birthday. Thats a hard age to come up with something for, especially since he had no "theme" for his party. His mom told me that he liked sports, baseball especially, so I used the Sporting stamp set (I don't have the "Just Baseball" one) and came up with the following three party favors.

The first is an acetate treat holder. I found these great colored transparencies in the office supply store. They aren't wonderful for everything, but they worked pretty well for this. I have to mention that while this wasn't the mother's favorite, it was the one chosen by my 10 year old daughter and my husband. (None of the designer paper is SU! I hope you can forgive me for not wanting to use up my DSP on a kids birthday!)

This second one was my favorite. It is made using the Christmas Cracker template found here. I thought the basic grey and real red made this box "pop". Of course I added a little bit of star paper and the word champ to keep with the sports theme.

Finally, this was the favor that was chosen. I used a lot of stamps from the Sporting set. We just stamped all over the paper and then used the peek-a-boo treat box tutorial from splitcoaststampers. I think this one was probably the simplest to do. I guess it just goes to show that less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!