Monday, February 2, 2009

OOOPS! An Almost Tag Calendar

I was so excited. Another challenge for the Latenightstampers group and I had a great idea! They asked us to create tags. You could use them on cards, on scrapbook pages, to make an album, anything we could think of, but you had to use tags. I had the perfect idea. A few months ago I made a tag calendar. I know I got the idea from someone else, but I have no idea where it came from. I don't mean to not give credit where credit is due, so if this is your original idea please let me know. I will update this post and give you all the Kudos you deserve. Anyway, back to my story. The tag calendar I made before was made using non Stampin' Up! supplies, and it had a major flaw. It didn't have enough rows. This is what it looked like:



If a month started any later in the week all the dates wouldn't fit. Aren't the holidays cute!

Anyway, I decided to make a new all SU! one. I thought the Bella Rose paper would look awesome so I used it as the background. I made the tags from Pirouette Pink and Riding Hood Red. I got all the tags punched out, the month stamped, all the brads placed, and went to put the dates in. That's when I had my oops! I have to use current SU! product for these challenges. I have the calendar alphabet and numbers on my wishlist, but I haven't gotten them yet. Unfortunately the only numbers that I have are the Best Friends numbers which are retired. So, I haven't gotten to finish my calendar yet. Needless to say I missed the deadline for the challenge, but I figured I would at least put it on my post so someone got to see it. I promise that as soon as I get the calendar alphabet and number stamp set I will finish it and post a picture of it as well. You have to admit that this is a really cute idea anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!