Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's Almost Valentine's Day!

I thought it was probably time that I show you what I've made for my kids. Valentine's Day has always been a big deal for me. When I was younger, my parents always had small gifts and candy set out on the Kitchen table on V-day. I loved to open up my "presents" before school. I just assumed every family did this, until I met my husband. I like presents though, so I have continued the tradition with my kids. This year, my kids get their own Altered Target Mailbox! Woohoo!!! My Mom was kind enough to find them stateside and mail them over for me. I have to admit I had so much fun putting these together. Both are made with retired designer series paper. Jay's box has the bugs and kisses stamp set all over it. After punching out the bugs with the 1 1/4" square punch, I layered them onto either Not Quite Navy or Old Olive cardstock. The letters for each of their names were punched out with the Big Shot using the naturally Serif die. Katie's box revolves around a pirate theme (it is a private joke between her and her daddy. I would explain it, but I haven't been let in on the secret yet.) I used the Ahoy Matey set for the pirates and the sentiment on the flag. The "Sweet" is from Seriously Sassyn and has a Fire Circle Rhinestone brad set in it. Finally the skull on the front is from Just Jawing and it has been embossed white and then the "eyes" covered with red chunky glitter. My plan is to fill the boxes with candy and small gifts and leave them on the table for the morning. Do you think they will like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!