Monday, February 9, 2009

My Mini Leprechaun

Has anyone ever noticed that as soon as you do something once for a hostess they and every other hostess expects it again? Well that is what happened with my party yesterday. Tammy, my number one customer and world's greatest friend, is a scrapbooker. So when I did a party for her the first time, I had everyone do a 6x6 make and take scrapbook page, but I showed them how to turn that 6x6 into a 12x12 via a progressive page. Then I gave her the 12x12 page as part of her hostess benefits. This time, she asked that I make a St. Patrick's Day 6x6 page, but reminded me that I needed to turn it into a 12x12 for her. I'll be honest, I was planning on doing that anyway (did I mention she is my best customer?!) but I had to laugh. So, not only did I make another progressive page (which by the way I really like) but I also learned a valuable lesson. Don't start it if you aren't willing to continue doing it :)

Ok, enough rambling and on to the page. First of all here is our 6x6. I love the mini leprechaun. I found the larger Top Note leprechaun that I showed you yesterday, but he was too big to fit on a tiny page. My upline pointed out that the curly label punch is the same shape as the Top Note
(am I the only one that didn't know this) so we adapted the die leprechaun to fit the punch. I think it turned out really cute. The ladies at the workshop loved it as well.
Well, I'm assuming that if you have waded through this post this far, you want to see the entire page. In case you were wondering I learned another important lesson from this workshop. Fine glitter will NOT stick using versamark. Yes, I'm sure most people already knew this, but it was a lesson learned for me. Anyway, on to the specifics. I used Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Kiwi Kiss card stock. The DSP is from Raspberry tart. The shamrock is made from our new sticky sheets and the three heart punch. These are sticky sheets that you can cut or punch to any shape you desire. This is probably one of the greatest things since snail! You have to check them out. I covered the sticky sheet with micro beads. The flower is made from the Pick a petal stamp set and versamark and pink fine glitter. Like I mentioned before the versamark will NOT hold the glitter. You need to use something else such as heat and stick powder or crystal effects. All in all I really liked the way this page turned out.

I finally decided against the glitter and remade the 12 x 12 page. Instead of the glittered flower, I just dyed three of the smaller flowers from the pretties kit barely banana and placed them across the bottom of the page with rhinestone brads. Guess I know better for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!