Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wanna see what's been keeping me busy?

Here in Germany I not only have work and Stampin' Up! to keep me busy, but I also have Girl Scouts. There are two of us here that share responsibilities for running the Girl Scout neighborhood in Vilseck and Grafenwoehr. It's a ton of fun, but sometimes I don't know when to keep my mouth shut. Thinking Day will be in February. For those of you who don't know, Thinking Day is a Girl Scout holiday that we use to teach girls about scouting in other countries. The girls usually do reasearch and make a booth and some food about a specific country to share with the other girls in the neighborhood. This year we decided that it would be fun to have the girls each collect a recipe card from the different booths and make a recipe book. Like an idiot I told my OCMT about the cute little clear envelope books I have seen all over the internet. They agreed with me that it sounded perfect, and told me to make 100 of them. (Ok, truth be told I volunteered to make a hundred....what in the world was I thinking?). Thankfully my upline and another friend helped me put them all together. To keep the cost down we didn't use SU! paper or eyelets and we didn't put on a front cover, but we did use the SU! clear envelopes. 12 Packages to be exact! Here they are. The 2009 Grafenwoehr Girl Scouts Thinking Day Recipe Books. I wonder how long they will last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!