Thursday, August 6, 2009

Build a Bear

Our last presenter for the opening general session was Jill Kocherhans, managing director of demonstrator services. She showed us all the amazing things we could do with the build a bear stamps, die cuts, embossing folder and paper. I will admit it. I did not want this stamp set or paper until I saw this demonstration this morning. Now guess what I will be adding to my order when I get back :) Not only did she show us the demo, but at the end, she announced that we could all get our own Stampin' Up! Build a Bears! You should have seen the mad dash to Momento Mall after the session. Yes, before you ask, I did get my very own! She comes with an exclusive stamp that says Life without stamps....Unbearable! She's actually sitting here on the bed next to me, and she approves of this post :)














3 comments:

  1. I just have to say you need to win an award for your comprehensive Convention Coverage!! Go you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, Thank you so much for sharing with us demos! Almost felt like I was there! Thank you! You spent a lot of time and an excellent correspondant!

    I do have a question......
    Did you happen to take notes on the different materails used for BAB? Did they talk about what type of classes to hold with this line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari,
    I have some notes on the BAB stuff. They suggested kids birthday parties, Doing birthday cards and bags (this would be great for just about anyone.....everyone knows a kid). As far as materials go, if I understand your question right, they used watercolors, regular ink, and then they cut out fabric backed with wonder under with the big shot and then ironed it on the small duffel bags. One of the cutest ideas I saw was several squares of card stock stamped with just a black ink version of the bab stamps. Then they made one of the small canvas bags with the BAB die cuts and put the coloring pages on a ring and a box of crayons inside the bag. I hope that was what you were looking for. Oh, they also used the die cuts to cut out magnetic sheets covered in paper and made a dressable bear using magnetic clothing and a bear cut out of thin metal.

    Let me know if I can answer any other questions,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!