Saturday, August 8, 2009

Catalog Wows

The last part of General Session today was all about interesting information from the new catalog. Now, since we have had the catalog for over a month, Spencer said he had a hard time figuring out what to tell us. Well, I have to say, he showed me a few things that I just didn't know!I absolutely love the graffiti technique using the new extreme elements stamp set. These can be layered on top of each other to make a really cool background!Spencer also showed us something that I had heard about but never really tried, spritzing your cardstock with water before running it through the bigshot. The cardstock on the left was embossed dry while the cardstock on the right was spritzed first. It truly does make a huge difference in the amount embossing you can see.

Did you know that the Flower fold die was made to go inside the bitty box? Neither did I. Is this not the coolest thing?
Spencer also showed us all the different stamp sets that would fit the boho blossom punch. I never would have thought to use it to punch out the snowflakes!
Ya know the journaling DSP in the new catalog? Well he showed us how to use it to make something other than journaling accents for scrapbook pages. How about making a scrapbook out of just the journal elements!
Ya know our die cut note cards. I believe they are called elegant notes. Well, if you mess one up you can still use it as a stencil.
Isn't this notebook gorgeous with the stenciled die on the front?
Finally Spenser closed out his portion with a song. I guess this has become a sort of tradition. He does have an amazing voice.

Well, I hate to say it, but I am afraid this is all I'm going to get posted tonight. It's almost 1 AM and I have really got to get some sleep. I promise that I will catch you all up to date tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last day of convention, but I am looking forward to having a few days of relaxation. I think I am going to do nothing but sleep and eat and possibly hang out by the pool. Convention is amazing, but it is exhausting! I'll try and get a few more display boards up in the morning (yes, there are still more, can you believe it?) before I head out for the final general session. I will chat with you all later.


3 comments:

  1. Kelly you did a great job of reporting in your blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly- Great reports. Can you elaborate a little more on the sets that go w/ the boho blossom punch?
    Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, thank you for posting all the news from convention. I could not be there this year :(

    I tried to match up the Boho Blossom Punch with the snowflakes and I am not getting a match. Can you list what Spencer said will fit.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!