Tuesday, August 4, 2009

LNS Stamp Camp

Those of you who know me know that while I love to stamp, the time I get to do so is few and far between. Well, today was a stamper's paradise, at least for someone like me. I got to sit down and create, from start to finish, eight amazing projects. I think I may be stamped out somewhat :) I spent a solid four hours creating. I think the finished projects are worth it though, don't you?

Seasonal Plate
I have wanted to make one of these for some time, but never found the time. Now that I know how easy they are to do, I am going to have to plan a class. These are a great, inexpensive way to decorate for the seasons!





Autumn Basket
I'm always looking for new ways to use my SU! supplies and this project fit the bill. It uses the Basket and Blooms Die for a whole different look. I love when I can use my dies for different looks!





Gardening Tote
This is another one of those "get multiple use out of your die" type project. This uses two of the #2 box die to make an adorable little tote. (Ignore the green monster in the background. That is Bogey, and he travels with me in case I miss my kids!)





Faux Alligator Clutch Purse
This is another project I have been meaning to try whenever I had the time. I was amazed at how easy this was. All you need is a little versamark, a bone folder, and some embossing powder. It is amazing how those three things can create a whole new look!




Thanksgiving Card
This fold out Thanksgiving card is so pretty. I feel sorry for the teacher though. Stacie and I got together and created havoc once again. Don't look too closely, I had a bit of trouble with the wheel. It's definitely crooked, but thats ok...so am I!





3x3 Card and Backpack holder
Virginia Killmore taught this adorable backpack card holder class. I had made one of these before, but it was much much smaller. Virginia suggested using this for teacher gifts and I think that is a wonderful idea. I'll definitely be using it for my kids teachers next year.



Flip Out Photo Holder
This is probably my favorite project of the day. It was so simple to put together, but it looks so elegant. Whoever would have thought to pair Bella Blue paper and the Circle Circus stamps?






Wonderful US Scrapbook
The final project of the stamp camp was this cute scrapbook. We used whisper white paper and a background stamp to make the print butterflies. I think this will be adorable with pictures of my daughter and her best friend inside, but you could use it for a boyfriend, or husband, or sister, or pretty much anyone.




Well, that is it for the stamp camp. I have to say, I definitely got my money's worth out of this one. If you ever get a chance to go to convention, and you aren't sure whether or not to attend one of the LNS activities you have to. It's an absolute must! Convention hasn't even started yet and I have learned so much already. I have one more LNS activity tonight, the WOW event. I'll let you know all about it later on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I appreciate what you have to say!